Tips to Prevent Workplace Accidents
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, nearly 3 million employees are injured in work accidents every year. These injuries do more than generate hefty medical bills and force victims to take time off work--they leave the injured and their families at a loss with how to move forward. The process to successfully attain workers’ compensation benefits can be a lengthy and trying one, as you may face resistance or even retaliation from your employer. While knowledgeable and skilled workers’ compensation lawyers can help combat these situations, it is best to prevent these accidents from taking place at all.
Here are 5 tips on how to avoid workplace accidents from happening in the first place:
- Avoid shortcuts - While it may be tempting to take a shortcut for a work task, it increases the possibility of dangerous injuries taking place. Stick to the instructions you have been given and remember no amount of time saved is worth a devastating accident.
- Extreme weather conditions - Whether you work in extreme heat or cold, dress appropriately. Both ends of the temperature spectrum can be dangerous, which is why it is essential you dress warmly in the event of frostbite, or comfortably in the event of heat exhaustion.
- Prioritize PPE - PPE stands for personal protective equipment, and it is vital you make use of it. Not only is it important to wear your PPE, but you must also be wearing it properly. Whether your uniform includes goggles, gloves, hard hats, ear plugs, safety shoes, or otherwise, prevention is the best protection.
- Check your driving conditions - Many professions require driving as part of the daily job, which obviously increases the risk for accidents. Make sure your company vehicle is always stocked with enough gas, the tires are up-to-code, and all turn signals and lights are in working order.
- Stay clutter-free - A crowded workspace is a dangerous one. If you work in a messy or crowded area, your chances of an accident increase exponentially.
Experienced & Top-Rated Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Atlanta
If you have been injured at work, you are entitled to compensation and our legal team at The Law Offices of Nathaniel F. Hansford, LLC intends to fight on your behalf. We will handle the legalities of your situation with ease, so you can focus on getting back on your feet and back to work. Don’t overlook the possibility of obtaining the compensation you deserve!
To reach our firm and schedule an initial consultation, contact us today by calling 770.629.9321.